|Ofgem has announced that Shell Energy will be taking over GOTO Energy’s customers, after they ceased trading.|
Advice for GOTO Energy customers
- You should have been contacted by Shell Energy who will let you know your new tariff, which should be their Standard Variable Tariff, currently one of the best priced tariffs on the market.
- According to the Shell Energy website: “All your details will automatically move across to us, including your payment information. If you pay by Direct Debit, please carry on doing so as normal. If you’ve already cancelled your Direct Debit, don’t worry. We’ll be in touch soon to let you know how to set up a new one.”
- If you would like to move away from Shell Energy, you will be able to do so without incurring any exit fees, once your account is fully set up, this allows for any balances on your old account to be moved across.
- It is a good idea to take a meter reading now of both your gas and electricity.
More information For more information about the situation from OFGEM, please follow this link: www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications/ofgem-appoints-shell-energy-retail-limited-take-customers-goto-energy
You can also read more about it on the Shell Energy site: www.shellenergy.co.uk/blog/post/welcome-goto-energy-customers
Things to note about Shell Energy
While Shell Energy does offer 100% renewable electricity as standard, we know many of you will have concerns about their continued involvement in fossil fuel extraction. Unfortunately from a financial perspective it is likely to be costly to switch away from them at this time.
- Take a meter reading
- Wait to hear from Shell Energy
- Sign up to our updates to make sure you act when energy prices changes
You can read more about the current energy situation in our blogs